How to Fight a Reckless Driving Case
How can you contest a reckless driving charge? Hire a lawyer to attend court on your behalf to try and get the charge reduced or dismissed. There are two strategies: mitigation defense and technical defense.
If mitigation defense (“Yes, I was speeding, but I am looking for leniency”), send the lawyer to court with:
- Driving record
- Letters of recommendation
- Safe driving course certificate
- Speedometer calibration
- Community service hours
If technical defense (“Yes, I was driving, but not above 80 mph or in excess of 20 mph above speed limit”), the lawyer will challenge
- Calibration of officer’s radar gun;
- Compliance with Virginia State Police standards on traffic patrol;
- Distance of radar reading;
- Traffic conditions
Need help fighting a reckless driving charge in Virginia> Call (540) 585-1776 for a free consultation.
Leave a comment